Happy New Year to all my followers, and may 2017 be prosperous, challenging (in a good way), and above all change you for the better! And if you’re likely making New Years’ Resolutions as you party the night away with friends and family, make sure they are ones you can actually stick with.
As we say farewell to 2016, it’s time to reflect on the year for us. I’d like to share some significant things that happened to me this year:
- I earned my master’s degree in education
- I plotted a new YA contemporary fiction novel, which I will work on in 2017
- I took up a new hobby – Tai Chi
- I traveled to new places (Seattle, Cleveland, Portland, OR, and southern Arizona)
- I hiked alone in Saguaro National Park
- I rode a segway for the first time
- I decided not to pursue a doctoral degree, and moved back home to Canada (huge turning point!)
- Contributed over one hundred hours of service in volunteering
- Joined Rotary International
What about you? What was memorable about 2016 for you? Write a list down – great to do if you wake up feeling wonky in the morning – of the all the highs and lows of 2016.
Happy New Year, and I look forward to another year of blogging in 2017!