Now I might lose a few followers with this post, especially with what’s going on with Trump. But I’m not letting politics get in the way, and I’m certainly not joining my friends as they boycott American products.
Most of my friends only go down south of the border for vacation. I, on the other hand, had the privilege of living there for six years. Having received both my bachelor and masters degrees from American universities, I am grateful towards the United States. Without the experience of living there, I would not be the man I am today and this blog would not exist. Furthermore, my WIP takes place in Cincinnati, Ohio.
So, on America’s birthday, I would like to say thanks to her for:
– 33 years – and counting – of wonderful memories in Sarasota, Florida
– Lifelong friends
– Making me committed to serving others
– Making me a proponent of progressive education
– Making me a global citizen
– New experiences such as paintballing, riding in a hot-air balloon, surfing, and serving as copy editor for my school’s newspaper
– Giving me the inspiration and ideas for my debut novel
– Welcoming me when I come to visit
Happy 4th of July to everyone! And to my American friends and followers, God bless America! As for my followers at home, I do hope you will continue to support my blog. Everyone is entitled to their opinions.